background

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another rainy day!!


Nothing motivates me to bake more than a rainy day. I wish I could just bake all day long and run to neighbors house's with goodies. This morning I made Sour Cream Raisin Bars, which mom and dad are raving about. The weather is not looking good anywhere right now so there are no excuses! Get in your kitchen and make it your throne :)

Sour Cream Raisin Bars

Ingredients:
2 cups raisins (I used 1 cup raisins and 1 cup craisins)
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 egg yolks
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
2. Combine raisins and water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes: drain well and set aside to cool.
3. Combine brown sugar, butter, oats, flour and soda in a medium bowl; mix well. Press half the mixture (about 2 cups) into the bottom of pan to form a crust. Bake 7 minutes until partially cooked and slightly set.
4. Combine egg yolks, granulated sugar, sour cream, cornstarch and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and stir until cornstarch is dissolved. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and resembles pudding. (about 8 minutes) Remove from heat; stir in the raisins and vanilla.
5. Pour onto crust and crumble remaining oat mixture evenly over top. Bake 25 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack and refrigerate 1 hour before cutting.


I hope I'm not posting recipes for nothing.... that's a little guilt-trip :)

3 comments:

Lincoln's Log said...

Sounds like a yummy recipe! Miss you Rachel, how is it to the east?? Would love to make your recipe but I'm afraid we will be tied up in Mexico for the next week or so...bummer :)

Martine Irene said...

Hopefully, Sean, Kyra and Lincoln won't be coming home with "Swine Flu" since they are "tied up in Mexico!!" BROOOTTTHHHEEERRR!!! Some people sure like to rub it in...by the way, it snowed this morning!!!

I love your picture of Bora Bora...I've been there and would LOVE to go back!!!

Rex,LeAnn,Thor and Ivy said...

awesome recipe great with the crasins thanks