
INGREDIENTS:
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
3 cups self-rising flour
3 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Add beer and mix with a spoon, about 20-30 seconds. Very important not to overmix! Dough will be sticky. Pour into a 9 x 5 inch greased loaf pan. Pour the melted butter over the dough and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. The top will be crunchy, and the insides will be soft. Serve topped with butter or cheese spread. You can also add seasoning. Accompany with soup or any hearty meal.
2 comments:
Sounds YUMMY!!! I'm going to have to start a file "just for Rachel's recipes"!!! Your story about Roxy's cookies reminds me of some peanut butter cookies I made...only I put TWO CUPS of baking soda instead of two teaspoons in my recipe!!! Our chickens wouldn't even eat them...they looked (kind of a greenish color) and tasted disgusting. Although, I was only seven years old when I had that disaster!! LOL!! I've made your (or was it Alison's Kitchen?) recipe for salsa with avocado for a potluck and people raved about it...I could make a meal out of it. And one of these years I'm going to make your eggplant recipe...when I'm not water skiing or it's not sooooo HOT!!! I think I'll save that for a cold fall or winter day. It was 90 degrees yesterday and supposed to be the same today. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly NOT COMPLAINING!!! I'd just rather be outside than cooking in the kitchen!!! My tomatoes are just loving the heat...they are already about golf ball size...yummy!! Salsa here I come!!! We've already had several BBQ's and eaten on the deck. ;-)
Have a great weekend! Love, ~Martine Irene~
Yum...sounds good...I can't wait to try out the recipe myself...My cousin is getting married in Washington on Sunday of Parma...so I am leaving early Saturday morning to drive to Washington...but you should see me Wed-Fri...wish I could be there for Sat. & Sunday though...darn cousin chose the wrong weekend to get married! Can't wait to see you too...we sure miss you too!!
Post a Comment