background

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer Reads

I've read all of my favorite author's books so I'm always anxious to discover new authors. I find it difficult and hate the task of finding new authors that I really appreciate. I'm not picky about a lot of things, but the amount of time I put into a book makes me a picky book finder! My all-time favorite readers are bone-chilling books with a (slight) twist of romance (and only when someone is in the house with me :) What do I consider a good book? A book that keeps me up till the sun starts rising.... a book that goes on breaks with me at work....a book that stays in my purse just in case the lady at the register in front of me is doing a return....a book that takes rides with me in my car because this particular stoplight on the intersection of HWY 60 and N.Port Washington Rd takes a minimum of 5 minutes before turning green....a book that goes to the beach with me.....a book that goes to the bathroom with me.... HAHAHa only kidding!!

Cold Feet
Just when you think you know someone...
Seattle police suspect Madison Lieberman's father was the serial killer they call the "Sandpoint Strangler." Madison refuses to believe it. Her father is now dead, and all she wants is the chance to create a new life for herself and her six-year-old child. Then she discovers something in the crawl space beneath her parents' house. Something that makes her question her father's innocence. Or the innocence of someone else who's equally close to her...
**Christy-READ THIS BOOK :) :)**

2 comments:

gramma kissy said...

Dear Rachel,
Consider Cold Feet read!
Thanks for the input.By the way,you could be a book reviewer for the New York Times!I love how you described an avid book-reader.
Love ya,
Christy

Martine Irene said...

Hi Rachel, I like how you describe an avid book reader, too...but I'll admit it...I even take my books into the "throne", much to Rob's chagrin...and I'm NOT EVEN KIDDING!!! You've sold me on "Cold Feet", it sounds like my kind of book! If I get into a good book, I really have a hard time putting it down...so, I haven't been reading lately because I just don't have the time...ho-hum!!! I've started getting books on CD' so that I can "kill two birds with one stone"!!! Plus, I find that if I read before bed, I almost instantly fall asleep...so, if I'm cleaning or whatever...at least I hopefully won't fall asleep!!!

Hope to see you at Parma...just kind of depends on the HAY!!! Is Roxy coming, too? It would be nice to meet her...

Okiedoekee...better get on the stick...