background

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cherry Oatmeal Cookies


What do you know....I'm back in the kitchen baking. Oops, I know I'm not supposed to be baking till AFTER the wedding, but relatives are here and need something sweet to eat with their blackened coffee. I added a twist to the original chocolate chip oatmeal cookies by throwing in some cherries.

Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
* 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 1/2 tsp vanilla
* 1 3/4 cup chocolate chips
* 1 cup mar. cherries, diced

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375°F

2. In large bowl, beat butter and both the brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg until creamy. Add the vanilla.

3. In medium bowl, mix flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir into butter mixture. Add the milk. Stir in milk chocolate chips and cherries.

4. Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. (if you're like me and like to serve them soft, take them out when they are still a little bit doughy and leave sitting on the hot sheet a few minutes)

Makes about 3 dozen cookies

No comments: