background

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Almond Apple Tart


While my little nanny boy was napping, I was looking through cookbooks and came across a good looking recipe. This recipe actually calls for pears and not apples, but with so many locally farmed apples around the house, I decided to try apples instead. Dad and mom are taking the tart to Jarvis and Audrey's (visiting for a month) for dessert tonight. I'll be able to know how good the new recipe went over depending on if they bring any back! Enjoy this easy tart!

Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
3 tablespoons flour
4 cups thinly sliced apples (about 4)
3 tablespoons sliced almonds

Roll out pastry into a 10 inch circle. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and flour; add apples and toss to coat. Place in center of pastry; spread to within 2 inches of edges. Fold edges up and slightly crimp. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until apples are tender. Sprinkle with almonds and bake another 5 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting into wedges.

No comments: