background

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Greatest Estates

What do you do when it's 1 in the morning and you can't sleep? One of my favorite past-times, since I was a kid, was looking at houses. It didn't matter if I was rollerblading through new subdivisions, driving to company's house or walking with mom at night so that we would be able to see the inside of people's houses. I always did admire houses, and I don't just mean BIG houses, but houses with unique character and charm. My favorite website is www.christiesgreatestates.com


Yeah, I know what you're thinking! I'm not a dreamer.... According to the strengthfinder 2.0 assessment test, one of my 5 strengths is that I'm futuristic. (There is a major difference if you didn't know that already) Dreamers are unrealistic and do not have comfortable goals in life.

Cody and I are once again house hunting. What kind of house do I want is the ultimate question. You scroll down and see a variety of styles. That's because I adore each kind!

Here are some of the greatest estates-international. (I don't use this website to house hunt for myself......our funds aren't that sufficient :) )


blue shutters and stone walls....sighh!


A beautiful old stone villa with an olive groove in Umbria, Italy.






I just love how inviting the kitchen is!

Torre del Borgo in Umbria, Italy







Welcoming entry in Sarasota, Florida




Some of my favorite houses are on the east coast.... I remember visiting Charleston with Amber, Loren and Roxy and just ooohhing and ahhhhing as we walked the Carolina streets.


it's as pretty as a picture right out of my book!


Medway Plantation near Charleston, South Carolina
Built in 1686--- such a charming piece of property!


Turks and Caicos Island

2 comments:

Nettie said...

ohhhh..those all look fantastic!

gramma kissy said...

I love the pictures,Rachel.I do have to respectfully disagree on the definition of a dreamer,though.I've always thought of my folks as the ultimate dreamers,with a very important ingredient added-Hard Work!Many of their dream-homes were realized by sweat and tears.
So-keep on being futuristic{or dreamin.}
love ya,
Christy