Today was a paid holiday. Oh how I love working at a bank. I decided I was going to get 'everything' done! As you already know, I am a clean freak. I clean things that are already clean because I love a clean house. When a house is clean, down to every baseboard, I can finally relax. So I mopped, dusted, caught up with laundry, vacuumed, baked for Cody's arrival, returned, then of course shopped! Now is the time to avoid all shopping centers. I am always so glad that I don't have to Christmas shop. People are downright mean. The lines were long and the clerks were yawning at 11 in the morning.
I was so captivated by the new Nicolas Sparks book my co-worker loaned me that I didn't fall asleep till 4:30 in the morning. When Bink woke me up at 8:30 I felt as if I just woke from a nap. Weird feeling. BUT, I did read the entire book in just one sitting. One of my favorite books.
So later I dropped my car off at Honda. Nothing big, just had to fix the gas tank door. The man tells me "that'll be $158!" I stood there shocked. Really, it's not that much money, but I bought a brand new car so I hate to put money into it. Once again, I walked out of there with a big grin on my face, a fixed car and $65 still in my wallet :) Mechanics aren't that bad after all :) I'm tougher than I look. People don't know that I have a lot of Lutynski blood flowing through me! Speaking of mechanics, it was always a joke in the family that Roxy would someday marry a mechanic. Can't you just see that?! :)
The bathroom is finally done! Well, almost! I am having the hardest time finding the right size mirror. And it has to be a black mirror. It is frustrating me to pieces as I wonder into one store and out of another and yet to bring home a mirror.
the downstairs powder bathroom
**shucks... I think I missed a spot!**
upstairs guest bathroom
Our next big project is painting the living/dining/kitchen. Will post pictures when it's through!
G'night
3 comments:
I KNEW we were birds of a feather,Rachel! Except for one little difference.Don't open any closet doors,kitchen cupboards,or any other likely hiding place.Out of site-out of mind-and clean house!
Your Mom-In-Law
Christy
hahahahha buzz! WHEN did you become such a writer??? and a funny one at that??? haha
You are sounding way too much like your mooter....be careful! :) But I understand! Love the pics...your bathroom is so pretty. Cody's elk is amazing. Is that your new hat rack? You just said you wanted one! :)
A mirror.....do you have a mirror that fits? you could always paint the frame black...... Sure wish I was there to help you :(
xoxox mooter
ps....would have loved to see your face when you saw MY name appear! :) :) :)
Post a Comment