background

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolution

RUNNING A FULL MARATHON (ALL 26.2 MILES!) That, my friends, is the plan.

I am officially registered for the 2011 San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon with my friend, Amanda Taylor, from Kentucky. One to encourage me and one to pace me! She has done many marathons which includes Boston, Walt Disney and NYC. Lots of people think I'm plain nuts, but I can't wait to finish and check "marathon" off my bucket list.

Why though? Running is my passion, and I want the challenge. I have the attitude- "well, if so and so can do it, surely I should be able to do it to! Right?!" Should be easy huh? :)

I decided on the San Diego Marathon for many reasons. #1 There will be tons of entertainment along the way #2 I love the route! The Rock and Roll Marathon starts at Balboa Park, runs through Hillcrest, passes The World Famous San Diego Zoo, goes through the newly built Petco Park baseball stadium, the historic Gaslamp District, San Diego Harbor, Seaworld and ends at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Point Loma. #3 Afterwards, I'm swimming in the ocean

Very, Very, VERY nervous for June to roll around!






GOOD LUCK FRIENDS ON WHATEVER YOUR 2011 RESOLUTION MAY BE!!

3 comments:

gramma kissy said...

You lost me at Petco Park!Actually,Balboa Park(the start)!But,you go girl-I'll be rootin for ya.
Love ya,
Mom Waldo

Nettie said...

Cool, what an amazing adventure and what a neat route....

Shana said...

No sweat!! Looks like a fun run if that's your thing!! :)