background

Friday, August 19, 2011

Insalata Caprese Salad

Our favorite salad this summer has been this one!! Fresh sweet basil and tomatoes from the garden make it taste better yet!



Insalata Caprese Salad / a.k.a. Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella Salad

Ingredients:
Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, sliced in pieces
Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
Mix together sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves in a bowl. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over your salad. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Nettie said...

Yumm, I love that salad!

Shana said...

I ate this salad all summer long when I was pregnant with Sammy boy!! Totally craved it!! :)

Martine Irene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martine Irene said...

Yum! I love this salad, too since Shana told me about it. I just made it the other day. I get fresh mozzarella at Costco because it's pretty reasonable, plus my vine ripened tomatoes & fresh basil really make this the best salad! I saw another recipe where the balsamic vinegar was "reduced" & it had great reviews so I think I'm going to try that next time. Buon appetite!