background
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Meet Frank Waldo
Tonight I decided to play nurse. Believe it or not, I'm a good nurse when I need to be. On my way home from the gym, I saw a van in front of me hit a flying duck. The duck came crashing down into a ditch. The saddest part is that he was flying with his wife. I immediately pulled over and inspected the duck. He let me pet him and hold him. I always keep an emergency blanket in my car so I hauled Frank home with me to doctor him up. Tonight he is sleeping in the garage. He is walking around and quacking when I go check on him. He had some blood coming out of his beak and down his neck. I hope he heals aright and that he is able to fly again. I remember my Grandpa Bruno brought us kids 7 ducks to raise because their mama got ran over. We had so much fun raising those ducks! Brings back so many good memories!
{This is Frank}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are brave! Such a sweet thing to do:)
You are my hero!I lost track of how many wounded critters the kids and I rescued through the years.Not all of them had a happy ending,but you still have to try!
love ya,
Mom Waldo
Post a Comment