
This morning Roxy and I went out to the backyard and picked blueberries. The dogs also kept us company..... had no idea dogs loved blueberries until Bink and Riley started eating them off the branches! We already have enough to make 2 pies and there's more to come so I decided to make a fresh blueberry pie for tomorrow.
Fresh Blueberry Pie (Susie Ramsden's Recipe)
4 cups blueberries (divided)
5 T water (divided)
juice of 1 lemon
3/4 cup sugar
3 T cornstarch
1 9" baked pie crust (I made a graham cracker crust instead)
whipped cream
mint leaves
Measure 1 cup blueberries, 2 Tablespoons water, lemon juice, and sugar into a pan. Heat to boiling and stir 3 minutes. Blend cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of water till smooth. Stir into the blueberry mixture and bring to a boil. Heat and stir till thick and clear. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 3 cups of blueberries. Pour into cooled pie crust. Chill till set. Serve with whipped cream and garnish with extra blueberries and mint leaves.
No comments:
Post a Comment