background

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Honeymoon: Check

Our tickets are purchased!! After spending hours deciding what country to travel to, we finally decided on St.Thomas. THEN, after spending hours online looking at resorts, we instantly knew it was going to be the Fisherman's Reef&Morning Star Marriott. Hopefully these pictures aren't cropped to perfection..... I'll have to find out for myself and take my own pictures.




The closest town is a quick 15 minute ferry ride to Frenchtown, where they only speak Creole.


7 comments:

Martine Irene said...

AWESOME!!! Looks QUITE LOVELY for a honeymoon!!! We went duck hunting...I kid you not!!! But of course, I was the obedient wife, plus we had NOOOO MONEY!!! So glad we've been able to rectify that in the ensuing years...lol!!! Looks like things are starting to come together...less than three months to go...but I know you'll pull off a beautiful wedding. I just hope I can make it (it happens to be Union mtg. weekend!!!)...so, we will have to see!!! BUMMER...I REALLY want to come!!!

We hope to be your neighbor sometime in the future...We were over in Weiser for a very QUICK (24 hours) trip to pull weeds and do a little clean up. Have you found a place to live yet???

Well, thinking of you and the fun time ahead!!!

Love you, "future"...Aunt Martine:):):)

MSue and BMcD said...

St. Thomas is going to be amazing. I traveled through those islands when I was in college, you two are going to have such a good time. By the way, good choice on a fall wedding! I love the fall! Brian and I will be married ONE YEAR already at the end of September! Good luck with the rest of the planning!

Photo Mommy said...

You will LOVE St. Thomas... it is one of our favorite places. It really is as pretty as it looks in the photos. Make sure you at least take one day trip over to St. John... you can take a foot ferry over. St John has the prettiest beaches you will ever see and they are basically empty. Most of the island is national reserve with only a couple small resorts on the entire island. Let us know if you want any more info we have been there twice and can't wait to go back again. Excellent shopping by the way in Charlotte Amalie which is also where the foot ferry leaves (there and Red Hook which has a car ferry too).

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

I agree with the previous post about taking a trip over to St. John for the beaches. May I recommend Trunk Bay. The most beautiful beach I have ever been on!

susan norma said...

Rachel, I'm Justin's mom. We've been to St. Thomas twice....you're going to LOVE it!!!!! We actually stayed at Frenchman's Reef years ago. It was "Top Notch" then but in later years was badly damaged in a hurricane. The new one looks wonderful....wish it was us going:) Have fun. Sue McKerrow

Krystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krystal said...

Sorry I removed my comment because of a spelling error...I know I have OCD...What I said was...You two are going to have an AMAZING honeymoon...I can't wait for the big day...& if you need anything don't hesitate to ask...

Love,
Krystal